City of Shops

I went to Hong Kong for work last weekend and unfortunately spent most of the time inside our (very nice) hotel! Hong Kong seems great for food and we had an amazing eleven-course Chinese banquet at Yung Kee, including 1000-year-old eggs, dry ice and all sorts of other weird and wonderful stuff! I managed to find a few hours to explore an in that time managed to find a traditional "wet market" (where the fish are sold alive to keep them fresh), the Ladies' Market (to find a handbag for the Missus) and about 50 shopping centres. Hong Kong is certainly heaven for shopaholics. As I never seem to find the time (or the inclination) to go shopping these days, I managed to get a decade's worth of suits and shirts made for me! It turns out that I can even order online, so no more traipsing around Oxford Street for me - wahey! I'd just better make sure my measurements don't change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Duck Fish

Flying with Aunt Cathy