Shanghai

I spent this week in Shanghai, attending a Board meeting for one of my clients. It's my first time in China and I've been blown away by the scale of development going on over here. The picture shows the Pudong district of Shanghai (my hotel, the Shangri La is the little orange building to the right). This whole area, all 500km2 of it has been built during the last 20 years!

Unfortunately the most I've seen of this place is the back of a cab as, during the two hours I had free, the driver and I failed to communicate in any way. Finally, when I realised that we were going round in circles, I got out and walked back along a very busy road. I felt cheated, despite having only paid half the fare on the meter, so you can imagine my horror when I realised that I'd left him my camera too! At 500 times the cost of the fare, I'm sure that driver is celebrating right now. As for me, I'm just looking forward to getting back home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Duck Fish

Flying with Aunt Cathy