Potty Training Fun

We've finally bitten the bullet and started potty training Leo. I was all for leaving him in nappies until he's nine - after all, if you could get away with peeing in your pants all day, wouldn't that be preferable to using the invariably grim mens' public toilets or queueing for half an hour for the ladies?

At first, Leo didn't seem particularly interested, but our bribes of chocolate buttons for a wee and a chocolate lolly for a poo seem to have done the trick. Anyway, he's taken to it very well and he especially likes his "Thomas the Tank Engine" throne. However we do have the occasional accident...

Yesterday, after his afternoon nap, Mary went in to Leo's bedroom to find him sitting happily on his bed - apparently he hadn't been to sleep at all, just playing very quietly for an hour and a half!

"I did a wee Mummy!" He said excitedly.

At first Mary didn't believe him, but then noticed his nappy was on backwards. When asked why, Leo replied "I took my nappy off. I did a wee and then I put it back on again, Mummy."

"Where did you do a wee?"

"In the drawer! Can I have a chocolate button now?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Duck Fish

Flying with Aunt Cathy